Sunday, June 27, 2010

Standard Chartered KL Marathon 21.1km...

My first ever KL marathon and I beat my personal best from Sundown Half Marathon at this larian by 3 minutes :)

When I left the house to go to Rose's, it was already drizzling... And I told myself the weather was going to be just perfect for running...And it was kan, peeps? :)

Kak Nawal, Nyna, Rose and I at the starting line
Pic credits to Abe Yaz

I was still recovering from my 1-week old fever and I didn't really want to push myself since I was still coughing away and only managed to sleep for about 3+ hours from the previous night :(

This was the route for half marathon:

I usually D-R-I-V-E to these places in KL!!!

The first 10km route was really bad for me... I kept telling to myself that I will complete the half marathon in 2 hours and 45 mins ++.... I was pacing with Kak Nawal for the first 8km but she sprinted away after I had to stop for a couple of times to breathe and cough away...

Managed to say "hello" to Mr Rayzeef at the first 4km route... Well done on your timing! :)

After the 10km route, I felt a bit better and started getting into my running 'rhythm'...Bumped into Kak Haza as well before turning into Jalan Tun Razak...

Water and sponge stations were adequately more than enough this time as last year's complaints on KL Marathon were heard... ;) 

Oh, and thank you to all of the runners that motivated me when I was stopping for air...Especially at the Pavilion and the KLCC routes respectively...

Decided to run all the way from Jalan Ampang to the finishing line (Dataran Merdeka)... And I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the timing on my watch...

I completed my 4th half marathon of the year in 2 hours and 33 mins!!! :D (Unofficial time - will update once I have the official one)

With my 4th finisher medal for the year for half marathon ;)
I was trying to 'sell' myself at KL marathon since my full name was printed on the running bib!!! :P

Woohoooooo!!!

And BIG congratulations to all of the runners and the first timers in all categories!!! Running is fun kan? ;)

Post race photos (of course :P):

The BF and I
Outfit for the day: Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2010 Jersey, (New) MC Marathon 10 3" Shorts by adidas, Elite Structure Running socks by Nike and Gel Nimbus-11 shoes by Asics

The BF and I bet against each other for this and 'obviously' I won! :P
Hence this pic.. Nyehehehe...Going to claim my yummy 'prize' soon! ;)

Nevertheless, congrats to BF for completing his 2nd half marathon for the year in 2 hours and 40 mins! (He didn't even train for it!!!)
So proud of you! :)

With super runner Nyna - she took painkillers and Clarinese during the run and managed to complete the half marathon in 2 hours and 43 mins! Salute!

With Selly and Nyna biting our medals respectively - both of them completed the 21.1km together-gether! :)
Pic credits to Abe Yaz

With Shaz and Nyna (my penyeris)
Shaz completed her first ever 10km run in 1 hour and 33 mins... Congrats girl! :)

The runfool couple ;)
Congrats to Echa and Suren for completing the 10km run :)

Group pic!
Check out www.runfool.com k peeps? :)

With Shaz, super runners Rose and Kak Nawal
Kak Nawal completed the 21.1km in 2 hours and 19 mins (Mighty salute!)
Rosey completed the 21.1km in 2 hours and 48 mins (Well done!)

With Ili Liyana, Raja Farhana, Rosey, Raja Farhana's friend and Nyna

With my gleek mate, Dila
She completed her first 5km run today! :)

Group pic with the other runners and first timers!!!
Pic credits to Abe Yaz

Read on Facebook that a 25-year old Chinese guy passed away this morning at his last 2km of his 10km run... :( 

My condolences to his family and friends... Rest in peace, young fella...

Next run: Either Ipoh International Run or Siemens Run... 

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your personal best! Keep it coming ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. jamie: thanks!!! and congrats on completing the marathon! you're an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats Ms Road Runner! Saw u taking pics near the baggage queue. :)

    looking gud n im liking the nike shorts. did u buy that in kl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ira: thank you! must say hi to each other at the next run k :)

    it's actually by adidas ;) and i bought it in singapore..they have more running stuff over there than here :S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Nana. So many lovely pix too! Here's wishing you a splendid journey to your first marathon end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. kak haza: thank you! looking forward to it! and congrats for completing your marathon yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the new PB!
    Such a good timing there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. enaikay: thank you and congrats on completing your marathon! i will catch up soon on completing my first marathon! ;)

    ReplyDelete