Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The XtraMile Charity Run

Alex and I at Superbad Energizer Night Race in April...

This Friday - Saturday (17 - 18 June), my running friends and I will be joining Alex at one of the checkpoints for his mission to complete an ultramarathon for a noble cause... 100km to be exact!!! 

XtraMile Day

The XtraMiler himself will 'donate' his legs to StART Society to raise RM100,000 for the Music and Dance programme... 

Alex will  start running on 17 June (Friday) at 6pm and will aim to complete the ultramarathon on 18 June (Saturday) at 10am... He will be running at these areas: Putrajaya - Puchong - Sunway - USJ - Suabng Jaya - Kelana Jaya - SS2 - Damansara Jaya - Damansara Utama - Bandar Utama - Taman Tun Dr Ismail - Mont Kiara/Hartamas - Damansara Heights/Bangsar and will end the his 100km at StART Society in Petaling Jaya... *Pengsan*

Both Shanaz and I will be the pacers with a few runners as well from LRT Kelana Jaya checkpoint at about 3am (Saturday) and will run with Alex for about 18 clicks until 7-Eleven Jalan Burhanuddin Helmi at Taman Tun Dr Ismail... So, do join us if you want to have a late night run and chat session with us! :) 

This will be my first time running for a charity... And I am happy to be a part of this cause... I have pledged to the cause because I love children and arts... And it breaks my heart whenever I hear stories about underprivileged kids...

And that I think it's about time that I give something back through my passion... And I hope that there will be many more runs like these for me to be a part of in the near future insyaAllah... :)

So, please pledge, join and/or cheer us for the run... Even an RM10 will make a difference to these lovely children (every RM10 is equivalent to 10 meters)... 

You can read more about the cause at www.xtramile.info or check out the Facebook page here.

I promise you, there'll be lots of happy moments and pictures throughout the night and morning! :) 

2 comments: