Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bidor Half Marathon (Race Day)...

The night before the race day, both Baba and I were telling each other that we needed to sleep early... But obviously that didn't happen... :P

We were catching up on the shows and ads on the local TV channels... And we came across an action flick on the StarMovies channel starring non-other than...

Mighty salute to this dude for his action movies that I've watched when I was growing up!

We were in bed by 10pm, but the movie ended at 11.30pm.. Hehe... And the worst part for me was that I couldn't sleep until 1am.. Blaming it on the 'sweet' Maggi sup that I've had at the mamak...

Woke up at 4.40am and decided to freshen up, get ready, makan pisang + yummy potato buns from Tesco, and stretch before driving to Bidor...

Super sleepy me + Baba

Almost crashed into another car from the opposite direction because the driver was either drunk or sleeping...  *Ngoks*

Got to the race venue at 6.15am... 


Baba and I before the marathon started...

I started running at 7.03am...Decided to bring my camera along for this half marathon...Jakun to run in the kampung area! :P 

Shots along my route:

Outfit for the run:
Sundown 2008 Marathon's Running Jersey, Response 'Drei Streifen' Baggy Short by adidas, Nike Elite Structure Cushioned Quarter running socks and Asics Gel-Nimbus II shoes

One of the kampungs along the route...

Spotted a familiar face :)
Was running with Lily between the 5km - 10km route...

Spotted Baba!!! She was on her last 3km.. You go girl!!!

There were a lot of kubur cinas along the route...

While running towards the 15km checkpoint... Slow me!

Spotted: Mizi and Nadia just before my 15km checkpoint...
Managed to catch up with them on the last 4km... But they sprinted off and left me! Hmph! :P

At 15km checkpoint with my isotonic drink... Behind me was the Lubuk Degong Waterfall.. 
Wanted to jump into it!

The beautiful budak aslis that were watching us running ;)

I was struggling at my last 4km... It was too too hot!!! I almost wanted to cry...

There were markers along the route... But I was only happy when I saw this marker!

Me about to cross the finishing line! Pic credits to Baba :)

I completed my 21km in 2 hours and 47 mins... :D

Not my PB but it's good enough for my 2nd half marathon so far for this year...

More camwhoring after running:

Me with my 21km finisher medal :)

Baba and I with our medals...
Congrats to her for finishing her 10km in 1 hour and 30+ mins! :)

Me with Lily... I'll see you at NB 15km next month! ;)

This girl was pretty much running with me between the 10 - 16 km route... She's doing her first full marathon at Sundown next month... I'll see you there Alexis! ;)

 With Sergeant Zaini
We made friends with him before we started running... He was telling us that he was going for an 'easy' run for this marathon... And he completed the 21km in 1 hour and 45 mins!  He even told us that his PB for a full marathon is 3 hours and 37 mins... Crazyyyy punya polis!!! :P Will see you soon at SCKLM in June! 

See how panas it was!!!

Selangor represent! Woot woot! :P

It was definitely a refreshing experience to run within the kampung area... Liked it a lot!!! Highlight of my route was definitely running along kampung orang asli to get to the waterfall :)

Although I was wishing that they'd have more water stations instead of one at every 5km due to the scorching heat...

But will definitely make a comeback to this marathon again! ;)

Next run: New Balance Pacesetters 15km @ Padang Merbok... 

No comments:

Post a Comment