Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Highlights (and Lowlight) of 2011: #4 Friends

This year, the Gs have become closer... Like a family :)

And my running friends' circle has expanded as well...

The awesome peeps that I've met this year :) 

Also, not to forget my penyeris, oprah ladies and the solos for their unconditional support and love throughout the year...


Thank you guys and girlies for making this year oh-so-much-fun for me! :)

This year also, I would have never thought that I will be losing a very dear friend of mine, Allahyarham Kharis...

From left to right: Back in April at Village Park and After the Men's Health/Shape Night Run in July

We knew each other through Dailymile and we finally met in person at last year's Newton 25km Challenge Run... And became close friends up until his last day here on earth... Even though our friendship lasted for only about 2 years or so, it felt as though we both have known each other for a very long time, with our daily BB conversations and occasional meet-ups or drinks to talk about life, relationships, running and just about everything... Yeap, he was a confidant, but also a genuine-cum-true friend...

And for that, I will always be forever grateful to have known such a beautiful person... Will always remember you cunning advises on life :) Hope you're doing well on the other side of the world, my friend... 

The Gs and I still talk about you... We miss you... Al-Fatihah...   

Here's to making new friends and treasuring every moment with all of my superfriends from all walks of life in 2012! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment