Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Running during the Ramadhan month...

It has been a week since I've embraced the holy month... So far everything is doing alhamdulillah well...

The challenge during this month is trying to fit in my running schedule... But I'm sure that when there's a will, anything is possible right... :)

With NYC just 12 weeks away, I know that I do have to train this month... So right now, these are what I've been practicing for the past week and hopefully will continue to do so for the remaining 3 weeks...

1) Sahur
a. I usually drink about 3 glasses of water and eat 3 pieces of dates..
b. Or a glass of water would be enough for me...
c. If not, I usually have my superearly sahur immediately after my running session at night...

2) Iftar (Break fast)
a. I eat in moderation and try not to gobble all of the yummy food that my mom have prepared... Hehe.. More protein and less carbohydrates for me during weekdays...
b. I hydrate myself with at least 3-4 glasses of water...
c. I eat whatever I want on Sunday... ;)

3) Running
a. I usually run after my terawikh prayers, which is between 10 - 1030pm, and I always make sure that I've a friend to run with...
b) I drink a half bottle of Gatorade and have a snack (nuts or fruits) before running...
c)  Running Spots:
 i. Desa Park City is the favourite spot due to the visible street lights and the presence of the security guards at night around the area... One loop is about 2.1km...
ii. Last week, the Gs and I ran at Mont Kiara... It was a nice hilly route but there were traffic so the air wasn't so nice to breathe in... There are other areas that I've yet to try, such as Damansara Heights and Taman Tun... Maybe I'll check it out this week... Not that easy to find a place to run here at night though... When running along the roads, make sure that you've a running guy friend to accompany you yeah?

I hope that it'll be useful to some of you out there...  :)

2 comments:

  1. Ur my hero... Saw u while u were running at hartamas ... Maybe oneday i will find enough motivation to run... Happy eid mubarak

    ReplyDelete
  2. nizam: that's nice of you to say that.. thanks! :) just do it! ;)

    ReplyDelete